I get a lot of questions about what oils are best for cooking. Here is a breakdown of what I like to cook with and the benefits of each oil.
- Rice bran oil
- Grapeseed oil
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil – my favorite olive oil
- Argan oil – I did a separate post about Argan oil
Rice bran oil:
- Full of antioxidants, and rich in Vitamin E.
- The smoke point of 490F good oil for frying.
- Also good for your skin and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Very High in PUFA Omega-6s, Especially Linoleic Acids, good for hair skin and nails.
- The smoke point of 420F
- Not likely to affect people with dairy or casein intolerance.
- High smoke point of 482F.
- Rich in oil soluble vitamin A & E
- Supports healthy digestive track
- Make sure it is made from grass-fed cows, goats or sheeps
- Rich in Lauric acid (a fatty acid that can kill viruses, bacteria, and fungi)
- The smoke point of 350F
- Good for low-temperature cooking (simple sautee)
- Best for salads and salad dressings
- The smoke point is 374F
KarenAugust 3, 2018
You are amazing and beautiful thank you for always sharing all the foods that are healthy for us! I need to get healthy again! God bless you!
CindyAugust 28, 2018
Do you use perilla oil or avocado oil? What do you feel about the health benefits of those two?