I am so excited to share this recipe with you for a super quick and easy Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Pasta. In just 10 short minutes, you will have a flavorful and satisfying meal that serves 8 people, making it perfect for dinner parties or for those busy weeknights when you need a hearty meal in a hurry. Plus, the combination of sun-dried tomatoes and the classic basil and pine nuts is so flavorful and satisfying. The result is a culinary masterpiece that is sure to delight the senses and transport you to the rolling hills of Umbria with every bite. I know you’ll love this vegan-option pasta dish!
Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Pasta
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 3 cups sun-dried tomatoes removed from oil
- 2 cups fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1000 g gluten free pasta of your choice
- Optional: pecorino or parmesan cheese to garnish
- Toast your pine nuts by adding to a small skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently until golden brown and set aside.
- Boil water for pasta, and add a little salt and olive oil. Once boiling, adding the pasta and cook according to package directions.
- Place all ingredients for the sauce into a blender and pulse until smooth. Add more olive oil as necessary until it’s smooth.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of the pasta water once the pasta is finished cooking and drain.
- Put back in the pot, add the pasta water and the sundried tomato pesto and mix well. Plate and garnish with shaved pecorino or parmesan cheese. If plant-based, skip this step and enjoy with fresh basil on top.