First things first, I’m a BIG foodie. I travel to eat, and what makes fantastic food is the quality of the ingredients. Italy’s food game is super strong, Umbria in particular. Organic and Biodynamic farms are everywhere in this region, including all the meats and poultry. They take their food quality, and wine quality very seriously. Nothing I respect more than that! Not to mention, Umbria is where I discovered Biodynamic wine! Which now I prefer over any other wine.
We went in Fall which was STUNNING. Not too cold, and all the foliage was beautiful colors. Every way you looked, it seemed like a fake backdrop, and not to mention it was pin-drop silent in the rolling hills. So silent I could hear the Prosecco bubbles, bubble in my mouth as I drank it.
- Biodynamic wine tastings & tours
- Truffle hunting (white truffle season)
- Two different cooking classes/lessons (our favorite thing to do when we travel)
- Eating at as many fabulous restaurants that we could find.
Places to Stay:
- Rosewood Hotel
- Il Borro Relais & Chateaux
- Tenimenti Luigi d’Alessandro
- NUN Assisi Relais & SPA (they have a wonderful day spa)
Places to Eat
- Creta- Osteria
- Avignossi Winery (there is also a restaurant there as well).
- Le Capannine Di Sommavilla
- Ristorante Locanda Di Nonna Gelsa
- Piazzetta Delle Erbe (located in Assisi)
Tip: If you are renting a home or air bnb, I highly recommend stopping by NaturaSi. It’s an organic food store so you can stock up on groceries!
Here are some pictures from our trip to Umbria Italy.